Music at Pinehurst
Welcome to the Pinehurst Music page. We offer a wide range of instrumental tuition, music group mentoring and several performance opportunities for our students in which they can perform.
Four Formal and All-Comers Concerts will be held this year in which our talented students can opt to participate in.
The Formal Concerts are designed to showcase the best of our Junior Primary, Senior Primary, Junior College and Senior College performers. The concerts take place in the Arena, from 3.30-4.30pm, unless otherwise specified. Dates for 2022 have yet to be confirmed.
- Senior Primary Music Concert
- Junior College Formal Music Concert
- Junior Primary Music Concert
Students can audition to participate in these concerts. Invitations to register will be included in the school newsletter, closer to the due date indicated.
The All-Comers Concerts are designed to be a performance platform through which students can gain the experience of performing in public, in front of family, peers and friends in the cosy environment of C2. Students from Year 1-13 are invited to perform no matter their level of ability.
There are usually four of these concerts every year which are held in C2 from 4pm. Dates for 2022 have yet to be confirmed.
Invitations to register will be included in the school newsletter, closer to the due date indicated.
Instrumental Itinerant Lessons
Apart from our full time staff who are looking after your child’s musical education inside and outside of the classroom, nineteen other part-time, instrumental specialists offer individual tuition before school, during and after school for the following instruments:
- Classical Voice
- Acoustic Double Bass
- Bass Guitar
- Voice Projection and Audition coaching
- Performing Arts Coaching
Before applying for one or more itinerant lessons please read the document here.
With the support of the board, Pinehurst School is pleased to offer a Brass Bursary to any student who would like to learn/or continue developing their performing skills on a brass instrument, take itinerant lessons at the school and commit to participating in a music co-curricular group at Pinehurst. For more information and how to apply, click here.
Co-Curricular Music Groups
A great range of music co-curricular groups are also available during lunchtimes or after school during the week. Students can sign up to perform within a group setting receive mentoring by a specialist. Participation in these groups is free but a certain code of conduct and commitment is expected.
- Primary Choir (Year 1-6)
- Year 5 and 6 Primary Orchestra
- Year 5 Marimba Group
- Year 4 Woodwind Ensemble
- Suzuki Violin Group (New Entrant - Year 8)
- Primary Rock Band
- Junior College Rock Bands (Year 7 & 8)
- Senior College Rock Bands (Year 9-13)
- College Choir (Year 7-13)
- Orchestra (Open to students who have played an orchestral instrument for a minimum of 2 years and can read notation)
- Flute Choir (New Entrant - Year 13, open to students who have played a minimum of 2 years and can read notation)
- Jazz Bands (New Entrant - Year 13, by audition)
- Chamber Music Groups (New Entrant - Year 13, by audition)
- Classical Guitar Ensemble (open to any students who can play Grade 1-4 level of difficulty)
- Harp Ensemble
Before applying for one of the music groups above please read the Code of Conduct here.
TO APPLY FOR A LESSON OR GROUP PLEASE SUBMIT THE ONLINE FORM BELOW