The training pathway and career opportunities including apprenticeships for many areas of employment are governed by Industry Training Organisations (ITO’s). They are established by particular industries and are responsible for:
- setting national skill standards for their industry
- providing information and advice to trainees and their employers
- arranging for the delivery of on and off-job training (including developing training packages for employers)
- arranging for the assessment of trainees and
- arranging the monitoring of quality training.
If a student is interested in gaining an apprenticeship or finding out the qualifications needed to work in a particular area they need to make contact with the relevant ITO. Please see Ms McNie for more information about local contacts for these organisations.